About Rotary Phase Converters
A Rotary Phase Converter runs 3 phase equipment at Full Rated Power from a single-phase power source.
A rotary phase converter is the most popular and universal type of phase converter. The rotary phase converter consist of two components. An “idler generator” and a “control panel”. The control panel includes a start circuit to start/stop the idler generator and capacitance to balance voltages between phases. The idler generator is energized by the single phase power spinning a rotating mass. This rotation generates a third line of power which is coupled with the 2 single phase line to make 3 phase power.
What will a rotary phase converter run? A rotary converter will run every type of load (motor, resistive and inductive loads).
There are 3 types of rotary phase converters:
- Standard Rotary Phase Converter
- Pro-Line (PL) with digital start circuit
- Digital Rotary Phase Converters
- Smart-Boost™ (SB) with digital current boost mode
- Smart-Phase™ (SP) with active digital voltage balancing
- Rotary Converter Control Panels
- CP (add your own idler motor)
Need help selecting and sizing the right rotary phase converter?
Call today (877) 545-2926