Are you looking for three phase power to run your metalworking business? Metalworking often requires several machines with different power requirements to complete a job. Most home based start-ups do not have access or it’s to costly to bring three phase power to run the appropriate machinery for professional or hobby level metal working. NAPCco’s offers easy to install phase converters that change single phase power to three phase power supply to run three phase equipment/machinery to get your shop working.
What If Three Phase Power Isn’t Available or Exceeds My Budget?
Not having three phase power available in your area or not having the budget to implement three phase power is a common challenge. NAPCco offers a line of cost-effective commercial conversion products to power your metalworking equipment!
Common Metalworking Applications:
Common metalworking equipment powered by three-phase converters include:
- CNC / Gearhead Lathe
- Iron Worker
- Vertical Milling Machines (VMC)
- Electrical Discharge Machines (EDMs)
- Press/Shears with Hydraulic Pumps
- Press/Shears with Flywheels
- Press Brake
- Plasma Cutters
- Air Compressors
- Drill Presses
- Punch Press
- Roll Forming
What Type of Power Do I Need for My Equipment?
Metalworking equipment can include both motor and non-motor electrical loads, such as EDM or weld power equipment. The most popular phase converter is the rotary phase converter and most likely fits the needs of your metalworking business.
How Do I Begin Planning My Power Needs?
Metalworking equipment can be voltage sensitive. NAPCco converters are deigned to handle multiple machines and voltage-sensitive machines which need balanced phase power. NAPCco recommends taking time to carefully lay out your machine requirements.
1. Start with the list of your machines/equipment and their power requirements (this information can typically be found in the owner’s manuals or labels on the machine)
2. Verify the single phase amperage available at your single phase breaker panel and how much of the panel is occupied by single loads. Essentially, do you have enough available power to run the additional machines? Multiply the three-phase amperage requirement by 1.732 for the single phase (pulling current through two wires, not three) amp draw.
3. Call the professionals at NAPCco for the appropriate phase converter sizing and technical resources.